We are currently looking for intermediate to senior Android developers, with more than three years’ experience, to work on a broad range of exciting current and new projects.
As a team, we are down-to-earth yet ambitious, highly-skilled yet casual, friendly yet professional, strikingly different from each other yet bound by our common human values. Proactive people who thrive on change and are driven to improve themselves and others everyday are the kind of people that will love working with us.
We’d love for our new addition to be authentic, driven, professional and filled with purpose, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are chosen, you will be accountable for creating world-class mobile applications.
Note that these positions are based in Umhlanga (Durban) or Gauteng, South Africa.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java for Android and Android Studio
- More than three years experience working as a mid or senior developer, having filled the primary role on a shipped Android app developed natively
- Experience with both smartphone and tablet application development
- Working experience with 3rd party APIs
- Experience communicating with web services using JSON/XML
- Strong knowledge and understanding of different Android platforms
- Strong sense of system architecture as it relates to mobile apps
- In-flight teaching and mentoring
- Published and live app(s)
- Understanding of the API stack
- Extensive UI Design experience
- Experience with software development on an Apple Mac
- Xamarin and/or C#
- Experience in a leadership/team lead role
- A professional who understands that best results are achieved through collaborating with others, and not just in working alone
- A natural-born teacher who will do what it takes to up-skill the people around you, and has an opinion on what constitutes great work
- Broadly-skilled with the ability to adapt to different tools or workflows according to the deadline or output required
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The ability to ingest constructive criticism and work with team input while staying true to the product
- The maturity to work purposefully and steadily under pressure with all kinds of clients
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- A strong online presence (you share your interests on social media) and innate drive to share your knowledge (active participation in the community)
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task you undertake
- The diligence and discipline to get things done, no matter the level or perceived cachet of the task
to apply, email the following information to us:
- Full CV.
- Reference details from your direct leads at your 2 most recent places of employment.
- Include your expected salary and your notice period.