We are looking for .NET developers to join our Fabrik team, and work on products that take advantage of the Azure platform.
Fabrik, our “Born in the Cloud” communications platform, spans several different industry verticals with the common purpose of harnessing social behaviour in a privately-managed space.
The platform is heavily focused on messaging and real-time communication. The natively-developed mobile apps include messaging features such as push notifications, rich media support, group chat and more. The messaging management component is a web-based application that collects and delivers messaging across multiple messaging streams.
Broadcast clients like radio stations benefit from live audio streaming and podcasting capabilities that are delivered directly by the Fabrik platform. Podcasts are created from a live audio stream and published automatically, via a custom-built web-based workflow.
Working on the Fabrik API will give you the opportunity to work on an application that takes advantage of the Azure cloud platform. The codebase uses services such as Azure Functions, Web Apps, Azure Storage and Azure SQL, and is built and deployed using the Azure DevOps platform. The application also takes advantage of the automatic scaling possibilities within the Azure cloud.
In this role you will get the opportunity to learn more about the Azure platform, to become a Microsoft Certified Azure Developer if you would like, and contribute to creating intellectual property that is proudly African.
- Be familiar with or have an interest in learning .NET and Azure
- Must have experience in developing back-end codebases in any language
- Developing and maintaining ASP.NET codebases
- In-flight teaching and mentoring
technologies in use
- ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core
- Azure Functions
- Azure Web Apps
- Azure Storage
- Azure SQL
- Azure DevOps (VSTS)
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- A professional who understands that best results are achieved through collaborating with others, and not just in working alone
- A natural-born teacher who will do what it takes to up-skill the people around you, and has an opinion on what constitutes great work
- Broadly-skilled with the ability to adapt to different tools or workflows according to the deadline or output required
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The ability to ingest constructive criticism and work with team input while staying true to the product
- The maturity to work purposefully and steadily under pressure with all kinds of clients
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- A strong online presence (you share your interests on social media) and innate drive to share your knowledge (active participation in the community)
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task you undertake
- The diligence and discipline to get things done, no matter the level or perceived cachet of the task
to apply, email the following information to us:
- Full CV.
- Reference details from your direct leads at your 2 most recent places of employment.
- Include your current salary, expected salary and your notice period.