We are looking for an experienced Full stack developer with more than three years’ experience to join our Studio team and work on products hosted on the Azure and Fabrik platform.
Our company is proudly headquartered in Umhlanga (KwaZulu-Natal), South Africa. Due to our way of working, this position is best suited to those who live in or are able to move to the Durban area.
As a Full stack developer you would:
- Be responsible for development that encompasses API, database and Web components, as well as for the execution of design and architecture into various code stacks and the review of code stored as well as mentorship of junior team members.
- Be directly involved in creating high-performance, scalable .NET API’s for the various platforms on Azure, as well as mentoring junior developers in the team.
- Actively contribute to ideation, strategy, implementation and iteration of features and functionality for Fabrik and our other products.
- Uphold our values of service, quality, maintainability, design and iteration in a teaching and learning environment.
- Be accountable for creating and maintaining world class applications.
- Receive the opportunity to learn more about the Azure platform, to become a Microsoft Certified Azure Developer if you would like, and contribute to creating intellectual property that is proudly South African.
- Maintain a proficiency in API’s, Web and Database (Client and Server Side).
- Have the ability to manage source control
- Have a good understanding of the principles of development across the SDLC, including UI/UX, photoshop, design prototypes and scalability.
We expect from you as a successful candidate that you are competent and experienced with the following:
- ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core
- Azure/AWS environment or similar is advantageous
- SQL Database technologies
- API profiling, benchmarking and performance optimization
- Working in an Agile environment
- Open source frameworks and data persistence frameworks
You should be able to recognise yourself in the following:
- A professional who understands that best results are achieved through collaborating with others, and not just in working alone.
- A natural-born teacher who will do what it takes to up-skill the people around you, and has an opinion on what constitutes great work.
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team.
- The diligence and discipline to get things done, no matter the level or perceived cachet of the task.
To apply, email the following information to us:
- Full CV.
- Reference details from your direct leads at your 2 most recent places of employment.
- Include your expected salary and your notice period.
About the work:
We are immedia: a unique, human-centered, customer-oriented ecosystem that has been headquartered in Umhlanga, South Africa for 25 years. Our software development team, immedia Studio, has developed Fabrik, our “Born in the Cloud” communications platform through which various organisations can securely engage with their clients or members. These organisations vary from media organisations to schools, and from residential communities to business networks.
Working on the Fabrik API will give you the opportunity to work on an application that takes advantage of the Azure cloud platform. The codebase uses services such as Azure Functions, Web Apps, Azure Storage and Azure SQL, and is built and deployed using the Azure DevOps platform. The application also takes advantage of the automatic scaling possibilities within the Azure cloud.
Core to our product development approach is a respect for data privacy – a central component of our product’s identity, and an imperative in a global marketplace in which consumers’ trust of technology has been diminished.
Our mission is to bring ease, compliance and trust to our clients through our platform of services, which includes web applications, audio streaming and mobile apps.
The natively-developed mobile apps include messaging features such as push notifications, rich media support, group chat and more. The messaging management component is a web-based application that collects and delivers messaging across multiple messaging streams. The apps also deliver live and on-demand audio and video over all connection types, underpinned by Microsoft Azure’s hosting services.
Our customers find our Software-as-a-Service compelling due to our agile and iterative software development philosophy, and a good fit for our team are people who thrive off of consistent collaboration with stakeholders, enjoy striving for creative solutions, and understand the benefits of constant iteration.
Transparency and trust are values in our teams in which we try to learn continuously and develop continuously, to grow together in achieving great results for our customers. We strongly believe that, to remain relevant in an ever changing industry, technology professionals have to keep adapting to change in a human and authentic way.
We understand that it is a duty to teach those around us what we have learnt and we have seen that, by doing so, we become better professionals. To support this we empower a teaching and learning culture throughout our ecosystem.
As a team, we’re looking for people who are curious, open to feedback, and enjoy working together to create a better solution. We’re looking for team-mates who are not necessarily defined by their technical experience, but people with imagination and energy, vision and shared values, curiosity and heart. Everything else you need can and will be learned along the way through immersion in our iterative environment.