Planet of the Bots…
This year, immedia once again attended the Microsoft Build Conference in San Francisco proudly representing African thinking at this global event, and we’re excited to share what we’ve learnt!
The experience proved invaluable with the conference described as feeling more like a seminar in the future of computing with announcements on:
- Xbox – Open to all developers
- HoloLens – Kits being shipped to developers
- Xamarin – now free in Visual Studio!
- Cortana – this was introduced a little after Siri, but new features are improving integration with the calendar and other apps.
- Windows 10 – Eight months after its launch, 270-million people are on Windows 10, making it the fastest ever Windows launch.
- API tools for developers to use
- The introduction of a Bash shell to Windows
One of the most exciting announcements at Build 2016 is Microsoft’s big push into bots. Speaking at the event CEO Satya Nadella said, “It is about taking the power of human language and applying it more pervasively to our computing. It’s not going to be about man vs machines, it’s going to be man with machines”.
As Hilton wrote in a post-Keynote blog post: “Microsoft sees bots as the next platform for computing…bringing together people, digital assistants, bots and artificial intelligence. The importance of this move shouldn’t be underestimated.”
To unpack the significance of the ‘rise of the bots’ and the other exciting developments with our team, direct from Build 2016, join us for our next immedia Open Night.
Date: Thursday, 14 April 2016
Time: 18:00 for 18:30
Venue: The Quarterdeck
Attendance is FREE but seats are limited so please RSVP below.
To promote a culture of open learning and engagement, we will be hosting this event at our home, The Quarterdeck, for interested professionals, students and enthusiasts to share this experience and discuss monumental breakthroughs and developments with one another. Come join us for snacks and good conversation!