PAIA immedia Studio
immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd
MANUAL in terms of Section 51 of
The Promotion of Access to Information Act 2/2000 (the “ACT”)
- Contact Details
- The ACT and Section 10 Guide
- Applicable Legislation
- Schedule of Records
- Form of Request
- Prescribed Fees
immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd specialises in offering Web and Mobile Application Design and Development services.
In addition to being specialists in the media industry, we optimise online synergies which has gained us national recognition for innovation and talent. We are one of the few companies in KZN to offer a true multi-disciplinary approach to web development & technology challenges.
immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd supports the constitutional right of access to information and we are committed to provide you access to our records in accordance with the provisions of the Act, the confidentiality we owe third parties and the principles of South African law.
2. COMPANY CONTACT DETAILS
|Directors:||Mr. Anice Asgar Hassim|
|Postal Address:||P.O. Box 25080, Gateway, 4319|
|Street Address:||Level 3 The Quarterdeck, 69 Richefond Circle, Ridgeside Office Park, Umhlanga, 4320|
|Telephone Number:||031 566 8000|
|Fax Number:||086 743 2281|
3. THE ACT
- 3.1 The ACT grants a requester access to records of a private body, if the record is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. If a public body lodges a request, the public body must be acting in the public interest.
- 3.2 Requests in terms of the ACT shall be made in accordance with the prescribed procedures, at the rates provided. The forms and tariff are dealt with in paragraphs 6 and 7 of the Act.
- 3.3 Requesters are referred to the Guide in terms of Section 10 which has been compiled by the South African Human Rights Commission, which will contain information for the purposes of exercising Constitutional Rights. The Guide is available from the SAHRC.
The contact details of the Commission are:
|Postal Address:||Private Bag 2700, Houghton, 2041|
|Telephone Number:||+27-11-877 3600|
|Fax Number:||+27-11-403 0625|
4. APPLICABLE LEGISLATION
|1||No 61 of 1973||Companies Act|
|2||No 98 of 1978||Copyright Act|
|3||No 55 of 1998||Employment Equity Act|
|4||No 95 of 1967||Income Tax Act|
|5||No 66 of 1995||Labour Relations Act|
|6||No 89 of 1991||Value Added Tax Act|
|7||No 37 of 2002||Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act|
|8||No 75 of 1997||Basic Conditions of Employment Act|
|9||No 69 of 1984||Close Corporations Act|
|10||No 25 of 2002||Electronic Communications and Transactions Act|
|11||No 2 of 2000||Promotion of Access of Information Act|
|12||No 30 of 1996||Unemployment Insurance Act|
5. SCHEDULE OF RECORDS
immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd maintains records on the following categories and subject matters. However, please note that recording a category or subject matter in this Manual does not imply that a request for access to such records would be honoured. All requests for access will be evaluated on a case by case basis in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
5.1 Internal Records
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Financial records
- Operational records
- Intellectual property
- Marketing records
- Internal correspondence
- Product records
- Statutory records
- Internal policies and procedures
5.2 Personnel records
Personnel refers to any person who works for or provides services to or on behalf of immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd and receives or is entitled to receive any remuneration and any other person who assists in carrying out or conducting the business of immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd. This includes, without limitation, directors, executive directors, non-executive directors, all permanent, temporary and part-time staff as well as contract workers.
Personnel records include the following:
- Any personal records provided to immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd by their personnel;
- Any records a third party has provided to immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd about any of their personnel;
- Conditions of employment and other personnel-related contractual and quasi-legal records;
- Internal evaluation records; and
- Other internal records and correspondence.
5.3 Customer records
Please be aware that immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd is very concerned about protecting the confidential information of its customers. Please motivate any request for customer information very carefully, having regard to Sections 63 to 67 of the Act. Customer information includes the following:
- Any records a customer has provided to immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd or a third party acting for or on behalf of immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd;
- Contractual information;
- Customer needs assessments;
- Personal records of customers;
- Credit information and other research conducted in respect of immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd about customers;
- Confidential, privileged, contractual and quasi-legal records of customers;
- Customer evaluation records;
- Customer profiling;
- Performance research conducted on behalf of customers or about customers;
- Any records a third party has provided to immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd either directly or indirectly; and
- Records generated by or within immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd pertaining to customers, including transactional records.
5.4 Technical records
Technical records generated by, or within immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd pertaining to customers.
Records are kept in respect of other parties, including without limitation contractors, suppliers, joint ventures, service providers and general market conditions. In addition, such other parties may possess records, which can be said to belong to immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd. The following records fall under this category:
- Personnel, customer or immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd records which are held by another party as opposed to being held by immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd; and
- Records held by immedia Studio pertaining to other parties, including financial records, correspondence, contractual records, electronic mail, logs, cached information, records provided by the other party, and records third parties have provided about the contractors/suppliers or customer.
5.5 Other Records
Further records are held including:-
- Information relating to immedia studio’s own commercial activities; and
- Research carried out on behalf of a client by immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd, or commissioned from a third party for a customer;
- Research information belonging to immedia Studio (Pty) Ltd, whether carried out itself or commissioned from a third party.
6. FORM OF REQUEST (Section 51 (1) (e))
To facilitate the processing of your request, kindly:
|6.1||Use the prescribed form, available on the website of the SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION at www.sahrc.org.za.|
|6.2||Address your request to the Head of the Company (CEO).|
|6.3||Provide sufficient details to enable the COMPANY to identify:
7. PRESCRIBED FEES
The following applies to requests (other than personal requests):
7.1 A requestor is required to pay the prescribed fees (R50.00) before a request will be processed;
7.2 If the preparation of the record requested requires more than the prescribed hours (six), a deposit shall be paid (of not more than one third of the access fee which would be payable if the request were granted);
7.3 A requestor may lodge an application with a court against the tender/payment of the request fee and/or deposit;
7.4 Records may be withheld until the fees have been paid.
7.5 The fee structure is available on the website of the SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION at www.sahrc.org.za.
DATE OF REVISION: 14/12/2015