We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our ecosystem.
As a team, we are down-to-earth yet ambitious, highly-skilled yet casual, friendly yet professional, strikingly different from each other yet bound by our common human values. Proactive people who thrive on change and are driven to improve themselves and others everyday are the kind of people that will love working with us.
We’d love for our new addition to be authentic, driven, professional and filled with purpose, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate should have a love for accounting practices, interacting with clients and sharing knowledge.
If you are chosen, you will be accountable for all financial accounting functions for our holding entity and its subsidiary. This role will suit a logical thinker with a natural ability to prioritise and exercise accuracy in all delivered output.
Note that this permanent position is based in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa.
- Relevant financial degree with completed SAICA articles
- More than two years’ post articles experience performing financial accounting functions in a small to medium business
- Preparation and submission of VAT201, EMP201 and tax returns
- Preparation and processing of general ledger transactions to trial balance
- Supervision of debtors and creditors functions
- Daily cash flow management
- Monthly recording of all fixed asset transactions
- Reconciliation of Inter-company loan accounts
- Preparation of income statement and balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing of cashbook transactions and reconciliation of bank statements
- Processing of debtors invoices and constantly monitoring debtors ageing
- Review of daily processing from Finance Assistants
- Preparation of tax computations
- Microsoft Office
- Management reports
- Experience working in a technology driven environment
- Loading payments onto business banking platforms
- Experience with preparation for annual external audits
- Pastel or similar accounting software
- Understanding of legislative requirements pertaining to SARS and IFRS
- A team player, not afraid to show initiative with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- A customer-focused attitude, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a constant use of one’s own initiative
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in real-time
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task one undertakes
to apply, email the following information to us:
- Full CV
- Reference details from your direct leads at your 2 most recent places of employment.
- Expected salary, your notice period and reasons for leaving each place of employment.