We are currently looking for Technicians to join our Geek Managed Services team.
As a team, we are down-to-earth yet ambitious, highly-skilled yet casual, friendly yet professional, strikingly different from each other yet bound by our common human values. Proactive people who thrive on change and are driven to improve themselves and others everyday are the kind of people that will love working with us.
We’d love for our new addition to be authentic, driven, professional and filled with purpose, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate should be a natural born Geek, have a love for technology, interacting with clients and sharing knowledge.
If you are chosen, you will be accountable for providing advanced technical support in an effective and professional manner to internal and external stakeholders.
Note that these positions are based in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa.
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience troubleshooting and upgrading desktop/workstation and server hardware
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting and setting up mobile devices, especially those on the Android and iOS platforms
- Windows Server and SBS operating systems
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience
- Microsoft Office application suite
- Advanced networking – routers, access points, switches & firewalls
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Drivers license
- Experience having worked with a helpdesk ticketing system such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Other cloud-based technologies
- Advanced networking – Firewalls (Mikrotik, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet)
- Linux operating systems
- MCSE or equivalent
- VMware & Hyper-V
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to
- Follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions
- Maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team
- A team player, not afraid to show initiative with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- A customer-focused attitude, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a constant use of one’s own initiative
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in real-time
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task one undertakes
to apply, email the following information to us:
- Full CV
- Reference details from your direct managers at your 2 most recent places of employment
- Expected salary, your notice period and reasons for leaving each place of employment